Beeswax candles are the oldest candles known to man and have been used since ancient times. The wax is made by the bees in their honeycomb making it a renewable fuel and fully biodegradable. For every 100 pounds of honey harvested, we get about 1-2 pounds of beeswax. Beeswax candles are 100% natural, environmentally friendly and safe, and non-toxic. They burn very clean with little smoke because they are not oil-based. Our beeswax comes straight from the hives and does not undergo any chemical processing. The candles smell great as they are naturally scented by the honey and floral nectar in the honeycomb. They burn stronger and brighter and emit naturally bright full-spectrum light the same as the sun. They are a gift from nature! Candles made of beeswax are a natural ionizer! They are the only candle that emits negative ions to purify, cleanse, improve air quality, and invigorate the body. Beeswax candles are also hypo-allergenic and benefit those with allergies, sensitivities, and asthma. Beeswax candles have the highest melting point among all known waxes, which results in a significantly longer (2-5 times) burn time and drip very little if any at all. This offsets their higher cost. (Beeswax candles, beeswax salves, and beeswax balms are great products that support the bees and beekeeping industry.) Be cautious when you buy beeswax candles as there are no regulations on disclosing ingredients. Candles labeled as “beeswax” may be made of 95% paraffin and contain as little as 5% beeswax. Our candles are made of 100% beeswax.